Friday, January 14, 2011

This week

So a few updates for you all. The carrot cupcakes were a hit, thank goodness! I stayed the night at my sisters on Wednesday night and tried one of the banana cupcakes. They were indeed very pretty, although they had been in the freezer so the banana's had turned brown and slimy...so I didn't eat my banana slices. The cupcake was quite tasty, however not "the best cupcake I have ever had" ...very plain jane with a hint of banana flavour. It was quite dense and the icing was INSANELY sweet as I think the only liquid that was added to it was honey...but indeed they were something different.

I beleive Wendy is trying to create wheat alternative cupcakes...so we are waiting to hear about her progress...perhaps she will update us this weekend!

I am planning to bake some chocolate cheesecake cupcakes with raspberry swirls for a friend's birthday, so I will let you know how that goes...not even sure if I will be using Martha's recipe book for that...perhaps bits and peices. If I don't use one of her recipes, I will bake something else from the recipe book so we stay on track with our focus!

If anyone knows of good and/or cheap places to buy cupcake and baking supplies such as cupcake liners, icing tools, specialty items such as fondant and decorating tools and supplies...it would be greatly appreciated...

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering where your pictures of those carrot cupcakes are???? LMAO I think we also need a clear plan defined of what and when we are baking...

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...