Monday, January 10, 2011

Roasted Banana Cupcakes


Just completed my cupcakes...started yesterday and quickly discovered I did not have supplies, which was why I went with the Roasted Banana ones.LOL Ridiculous as it seems I had sour cream, but no milk! Then when I was considering doing the icing after I had the cupcakes baked, I realized my butter was not "at room temperature", ugh! Needless to say I came home after a day of teaching and "supervising" curling (I won't say I coached as that would be a lie) to do the kids homework and whip up some "Honey-Cinnamon Frosting"!

So what I think personally is that the cupcakes themselves are bland. I would add some spices like cinnamon or some other spices...not sure what I want to recommend further than that as I need to look at that...a.k.a lick a bunch of spices to see what I like (LMAO I am so serious). The icing also was basically butter icing with a pinch of cinnamon and then honey. I ended up adding a tad more cinnamon.

This recipe is not on Martha's Website...but I have not made it that appealing so may be a good thing.LOL

2 comments:

  1. Well, they look really good for being bland tasting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Well my family thought they were great. I am super picky! LOL Next time I will have my students eat some and see what they say!

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...