Saturday, February 9, 2019

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating...


Most of you may be aware we have gone on a healthy kick. I wanted to integrate more healthy food choices into my diet, so I chose to start with a quinoa salad. I had marinated some chicken souvlaki, so it made sense to stay mediterranean.

I found the recipe on Pinterest:https://cooktoria.com/mediterranean-quinoa-salad/ and it looked straightforward.

I really have not worked very much with quinoa, and apparently its like rice, so when I read the recipe :1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa, I was like, "No way that is enough!" so I times'd it by 8...Holy Macaroni did I make A LOT of salad! So maybe you could double it, but I ended up with a GIANT mixing bowl full...like it tastes good, but no way in hell can I eat that much before it goes bad, so I will gift this out.

I never seem to stick to what it asks, so I ended up skipping the olives as I don't like them, as well as roasted peppers. I did add peppers, but did not see the point in having to roast some and then leave some uncooked? Like WTH?

I also added cucumber (1 large one), and sliced up cherry tomatoes (Probably 2-3 cups)

The salad is definitely tasty and I would make again, but in a much smaller amount...unless I plan on feeding an army or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...