Friday, January 25, 2019

Never Stop Eating This Chicken

I had all the ingredients for this recipe at home. 


The recipe calls for chicken thighs but Mike doesn’t like dark meat so I used 4 chicken breasts instead of 12 thighs. 



I don’t have chicken broth so I made some with a package of chicken flavoured bovril.  I probably  should have used two packs. 



I forgot to buy pineapple juice so I just used a orange pineapple blend that I happen to have at home.



In future I would double up the soy sauce as the flavour doesn’t come through as the pineapple has an abundance of flavour to work around.



All the liquids are well mixed and ready to go into the slow cooker set on low for 5 hours. I would suggest 4 hours as my chicken breasts are very dried out. 



After 5 hours take a scoop of liquid out of the crockpot and mix it very smoothly with a couple tablespoons of cornstarch. Then pour it in and  turn it up to high and leave it for 30 minutes to thicken up.



I should have made some rice to go with the chicken the recipe doesn’t call for it but it would have soaked up the sauce nicely. This was a great recipe I would definitely make it again but add more soy sauce.



I found this recipe on Pinterest 

http://www.dawnnature.com/2019/01/the-slow-cooker-pineapple-chicken-that.html 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Lots of modifications, but that is how I do things too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...