Saturday, January 29, 2011

So this weekend I will try some Devil's Food!

Well I am going to try my hand at Devil's Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache icing...I am sure my success rate will be much higher with Chocolate Ganache icing.LOL Seriously it still makes me mad about that buttercream Meringue. I have tried it on the cupcakes and it tastes great, just gets runny when out for long. My amazing Mom gave me some suggestions as she was figuring that there was way too much butter in the recipe and that the butter sounded like it was not bonding with the sugar...I think she may be a genius so I will try out her methods of suggestions on doing it different ways and let you know...she also suggested making it smaller batches so that it was not so wasteful.LOL Trust a Mom!

SO I will try the Devil's Food and see if I can sneak in some extra ones seeing as school will be back in session next week and I would really like to bring my students some treats! Will update soon!

2 comments:

  1. I made my swiss meringue butter cream icing and it was perfect. I think I know exactly what went wrong. When you saw the icing separate and start to "curdle" you stopped your beater didn't you? I was panicking at that point thinking that it was all ruined but instead (because Brad was "helping me" and I could not put the beater down because I was being sprayed with icing) I started to physically whip the beater and beat it at the same time and parts started to bond again and it all smoothed out.

    I think our beaters are just not quite strong enough and you gave up too early. You cannot stop the beater the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, I will try, however I did find a recipe asking for less butter and more eggs....I will try again, perhaps we all get together and have a bake off! LMFAO would be funny, but I would love for you gals to show me you doing it, which might help.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...