Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wendy's Intro

Hi I am the 3rd member of this crazy party. I have no experience making cupcakes and I suck at baking. Well that is except for butter tarts I kick butt at making butter tarts but as most of you know cupcakes are not tarts so you won't be seeing my amazing tarts. Just my failing cupcakes :(

Last year learned that I have a wheat allergy and thus I cannot even eat the cupcakes that we are making so I decided that it was not fair for me to have to make cupcakes that I cannot even eat so I am going to be adapting all of the recipes to be completely wheat free and mostly gluten free. The baking I have done using rice flour has tasted great but fallen apart because ... if possible ... it is too fluffy and light. I am going to try and find ways of making the cake a little stronger (I cannot seem to get them out of the pan without a mess!) .

As Leah said I am a teacher and a mum so I spend my time building a brighter future - pish that is a cliche if I have ever heard one! My kids are older that Mindy and Leah's they are 15 and 16 and my hubby likes to eat so I am going to include their reactions to the cupcakes as well as my own.

Angel youngest love chocolate, mint, vanilla and rich flavours
Brad eldest loves caramel, bubblegum, cotton candy, and pretty much anything lol
Mick my hubby loves toffee, licorice, hazelnut, and jube jubes
Me, I don't like cake very much so we will see if I actually like anything I make lol

Wendar

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, sounds like you may be the most "challenged" lol but I know that is what you like! Think of how many people you will be helping if you learn to do this....

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...