Thursday, February 24, 2011

Black Forest Cupcakes

So this week's cupcake was Black Forest Cupcakes. I didn't LOVE them, but there were alot of people that really liked them...so I guess it just depends on what you like. These are not your traditional Black Forest cake style cupcakes...same ingredients more or less, but very different.

I used Disaronno instead of cherry flavored brandy since I don't generally have that on hand LOL.

These were labour intensive, as the cake part was quick, but the pastry cream needed to be made and cooled for two hours before using - which is basically vanilla pudding...and the chocolate ganache is really quick, but you don't want to do prepare it until just before you are ready to assemble and garnish the cupcakes...so it was a few hour extravaganza which involved me making supper in between...

The cake was soft and moist, the pudding was nice and light, and the chocolate ganache is a very rich dark chocolate that is not sweet, so maybe that's why I didn't love them...not sweet enough for my taste buds...most people that are dark chocolate lovers, would appreciate these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...