Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leah's Late Entry "Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes w/Cream Cheese Frosting"



Okay so I am late as always. I have been in Lloydminster the last two days for Curling (School teams), so getting up at the crack of dawn so I could be in Saskatchewan for 8:00am has been a bit tiring.  I made the actual Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes on Sunday, but have not found time to make the cream cheese frosting. The cupcakes were easy to make, straightforward. I think I left them to long baking so the seem a tad dry, but I will have some students taste test them tomorrow.  I kept forgetting to leave the cream cheese out as it is required to be at room temperature, as well as the butter, which my husband yesterday had put back in the fridge and therefore why they did not get frosted yesterday! LOL

The actual cupcakes are nice, very similar taste to pumpkin pie, so I recommend for anyone who loves pumpkin pie to try out these cupcakes! The actual picture in the book asks you to make Marzipan Pumpkins, which I did not do...maybe some other time.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would love these I am sure, Starbucks makes pumpkin cream cheese muffins that are delicious! I picked up some marzipan from michaels yesterday so I can attempt to make some of the little decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yes, I need Marzipan, but I don't know if I would have ever finished them if I did the mini pumpkins.LOL We all need to get together and do that some time...will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that sounds like fun - you bring the marzipan and I`ll bringthe wine lol.

    They look really good I think I will have to make those ones - I like cream cheese and pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Wendy you are funny. I took them to school today and the kids all liked them, I asked if they were dry, but I think they were trying to be nice as most just said they were "crumbly" LOL They are tasty, just don't overcook. I had them in for 18 minutes...I did check them at 15 minutes and they were not cooked, so there must be a magic time between there.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be the most popular teacher in school... I was scared to look at this blog as I can gain calories just by looking at food! I love the commentaries! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Thanks Margaret. The kids are liking the cupcakes, but Fred is warning me not to over cupcake them as they will get sick of them.LOL

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...