Sunday, March 27, 2011

Honey Bee Cupcakes

So this week I wanted to make something that wasn't chocolate for my pal that is going chocolate free for lent. So, I found the Honey Bee Cupcakes (unfortunately they aren't on her website from what I can find).

They are very cute and smell delicious, however I have decided to leave them unfinished by not making the little bumble bees that are supposed to be set on top...I figure nobody is really going to eat them anyway since they are a weird texture and all, so I will save my creative juices for when I am actually making them for entertaining.

The bumble bees would be quite simple to make, but Taylor would likely think I am playing with Playdoh and would want to help...and that would not be a good thing! LOL

I haven't yet tasted these cakes, I baked them last night and iced them this morning with a yellow tinted swiss buttercream frosting...yet again, not my favorite, but I am glad that they are not all my favorite or I would be eating all of the cakes I have been making!

I am thinking I may make the cream filled chocolate ones again too, since they were so scrumptious and simple, other than the assembling...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...