Friday, March 11, 2011

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Well I keep procrastinating about updating the blog, and then I forget, and then I don't have time, and then I procrastinate some more...so I apologize for not updating regularly...I have been baking up a storm!

Last week's submission should have been carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, so here she goes...

I bought some lovely carrots at Costco with the stems still attached feeling that these lovely carrots would make a difference in my carrot cupcakes...they sure did...it took a long time for me to grate them...I ended up using a whole bag to get enough carrots...which I wasn't quite sure of since the recipe was in pounds...so I went with the standard in most other recipes of approximately 2 cups of thinly shredded/grated carrots.

I also didn't purchase golden raisins which is the standard for these, I used Saltan (?) the dark ones like the ones you eat out of the little boxes and give to your kids...as I like them and keep them on hand at all times usually.

The recipe was nice and easy and followed with a simple cream cheese frosting...which I must say is my favorite of all of the frostings...and partly the reason I selected this recipe - as I was craving a nice heavy cake with a fluffy cream cheese frosting :)

So, this was a nice quick and simple recipe that I would always recommend...and I even garnished them with the toasted coconut, which as funny as it sounds was easy and got plenty of compliments on as people felt they were fancier...it was a very simple way to dress up the cupcakes. As usual, the folks at work gobbled them up in record time...



1 comment:

  1. these are something I will try. looks yummy and I love creamcheese icing and coconut... mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...