Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Lip-Smacking Maple-Curry Chicken


Well I’ve been meaning to make this for a while now, and even went to make it this weekend but discovered I didn’t have all of the ingredients - ugh!  So tonight was the night!

I used chicken thighs as that’s what I had in my freezer and my hubby gets sick of chicken breast  all of the time since he prefers dark meat.  I also didn’t use real maple syrup (I’m sure I may have my Canadian citizenship revolked by saying this, but I don’t like the real stuff...it’s too watery!) so I buy good old Aunt Jemima!  I also don’t buy low sodium soy sauce as when I do use it, I want the saltiness.

I only marinaded for just about two hours - I honestly didn’t check the instructions beforehand so I didn’t realize I needed to let it marinade first.



This is what it looked like once it was all mixed up and ready to go into the fridge.


I decided to just put all of the marinade and chicken into the pan to cook it, but we discovered that this may have led to it being too saucy.  My hubby felt the curry and mustard was a bit overwhelming but it could be that it was caked in the sauce and not just a “drizzle” of it added before baking.  I personally felt like the flavours conflicted a bit to me...like a hybrid honey mustard and curry taste.  It definitely had lots of flavour but it wasn’t something I would put in my regular rotation for cooking.  Maybe it was the maple syrup or soy sauce or lack of marinading, or too much sauce...I guess one will only know if they venture to try it again!




Link to the video clip of the recipe being made is here 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...