Friday, December 7, 2018

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Hidden Veggies

I got my ingredients from Superstore but I could not find a Boston lettuce.

 I would suggest that you buy a small amount of zucchini and cucumber because you don’t use very much of either of them if you don’t really like them for something else you’re going to have leftovers. First thing I did was to chop up all my veggies very very small.




 She calls for ground chicken for this recipe but I choose to use ground beef because that’s what I had in my fridge. In hindsight I should have used ground chicken because the ground beef was quite strong tasting and kind of over took the lovely sauce flavor. 



 I whipped up the sauce and set it aside. 

 I started to cook the meat 



 Now  the meat is all cooked and ready for me to add the vegetables that are chopped very finely.

 I added zucchini the onions and the mushrooms to sauté then I added the water chestnuts and the sauce to the meat mixture and set it aside. 

I broke the Romain into leaves and chopped up some green onion and Julinne  cucumbers as garnish I forgot to put the sesame seeds on until the very end but they sure added a nice texture to the meat mixture.
 This was super easy to make and very tasty I don’t think that I would make it with Romain lettuce again because the lettuce was hard it and  didn’t hold like a taco very well. The taste was great and I think I’ll make this again one day. 





1 comment:

  1. Looks good. What is the sauce. Just as I am wondering why beef versus chicken. I would likely use beef, as I do not tend to buy ground chicken or turkey

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...