Friday, December 14, 2018

Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies

I decided to go rogue and am baking a recipe from Mindy’s repertoire instead of using the Yum & Yummer book. She gave me a few tips for baking these cookies and I should have listened closer.

All my ingredients ready to go.


I grated the carrots very finely and set them aside



I blended the butter sugar egg and vanilla and set it aside.



I don’t have a sifter so I just beat the dry mixture with a fork. I had raisins in my cupboard so I used them instead of currants. Then I added the wet mixture to the dry mixture mixing very very well.

All mixed up


12 minutes in the oven and they were ready. I used a small scoop to try and make them the same size but I obviously screwed it up. I thought I was making them small enough but they turned into GIANTS! There’s no possible way to make my mini cakes into sandwiches that will fit into my mouth so I decided to ice one side of each cookie. My icing was runny so I’m not sure how you would pipe it nicely. Maybe if I were to refrigerate the icing first it might be better for piping.

These cookies taste like little cakes not really a cookie. Nice and moist with wonderful texture from the coconut and oatmeal. The raisins were a great choice adding sweetness as these are not overly sweet. I will definitely have to make these again I will make the wet dough flatter before going into the oven next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...