Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Chicken and wild mushroom skillet



I’m not nearly as daring as Leah and Mindy I only made 1 recipe from the Yum and Yummer book.


 I went to Save on foods to grab my ingredients but unfortunately they didn’t have whipping cream so I had to use half-and-half which worked just fine. I also didn’t have chicken broth but used beef instead and it tasted just fine.



I chopped a purple onion as she did not say what kind to use and 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms.  Then I cook my chicken I made a mistake and didn’t read ahead on the recipe so I fully cooked my chicken before letting it cook in the broth.









Wendy cooking away
Tasty dinner for two

 Mike and I really enjoyed this meal. However, next time  I would definitely make wild rice to go with it. We had a good onion flavour and very mushroomy sauce unfortunately we felt that it could have done with a great deal more sauce.  This recipe was super easy to make and will definitely be one I make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...