Sunday, November 18, 2018

Apricot, Sriracha & Ginger Glazed Meatballs

I had to go to the store to pick up a couple items for the recipe. I had the option of buying a 1pound package of ground chicken which was half a pound less than the recipe called for but Mike and I figured that it would work.

I measured the green onions, hoison sauce, egg, garlic, ginger root, oil salt and pepper into a big bowl and added the ground chicken and mixed throughly it was so runny I couldn’t shape them into balls so I quickly mashed more plain crackers and added it to the slop which helped a lot to bind the balls.

The recipe says that the balls will be done in 15-18 minutes but mine were done in 11 minutes so watch them carefully. I have a  convection oven so it does usually cook faster.


The sauce was so easy to make I accidentally used regular jam where she calls for sugar free jam I just used regular jam and it tasted amazing. I would use half of the sriracha sauce as it was a little too hot for Mike and I we are red faced and sweaty by the time we were done eating. Haha 

My ugly looking meatballs


Once they took a bath in the apricot ginger sauce their appearance improved drastically.




We ate the balls and sauce over rice which was really delicious as I had lots of sauce. The meatballs had great flavour and texture. We actually ate the rest of the balls before doing the dishes they were so good. No harm done by not having enough meat and using the wrong jam. 




After being garnished they look just like the picture in the book, well almost lol!

This was another great recipe from the Yum and Yummer book 
Link to video 


1 comment:

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...