Friday, November 23, 2018

Cauli “flour” Crusted Quiche

 I picked up my supplies from Superstore  I had basically everything I needed just had to pick up cheese and veggies. I thought that this would be a very difficult recipe to do because of making the cauliflower crust. But in actuality it was very easy to put together this very yummy quiche.



I did not cut my veggies as I went as she suggests in the recipe procedure I find it easier if I have everything chopped up  and measured before hand so that I just have to put it together. I diced the veggies very small so that they would be easy to put on the fork when I was eating. 



 Making the cauliflower  batter was a lot easier than I had initially thought. I did not know how my food processor was going to handle all that raw cauliflower but it whipped it up in no time at all it took maybe 30 seconds for the food processor to make the little rice sized pieces.  I would suggest that you grease your cookie sheet before putting the cauliflower bits in the oven for the first time as mine got really stuck and made a big mess when I was trying to transfer the bits from the cookie sheet into my big bowl.  Thank goodness my dog Lenny really likes cauliflower and he cleaned up the mess for me ha ha Ha. 





Raw cauliflower pie crust


Baked pie crust


Cooking in the oven


 She says to cook the quiche for 40 minutes to 45 minutes and I found that 40 minutes was a bit too long they could’ve taking out a five minutes earlier and it would have been better it was a little overdone on top. But this didn’t affect the taste at all. 



Picture perfect 


 The ratio of veggies to egg was very good. I found this to be a very flavourful quiche but nothing was overpowering. This takes a long time to make but is really worth the effort when you’re done though.

Link to video 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...