Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes...kids found them delicious


Well I made earlier in the week the Chocolate Chip Cupcakes but I never did get around to frosting them. I decided that I probably would never get them frosted so I brought them for my students anyways. My own children and Fred loved the cupcakes. They found them "chewy and soft"....moist, Aaryanna says "the chocolate chips melt in your mouth". Everyone seemed to like them. 

They were fairly easy to make, I had both my kids helping...they measured the chocolate chips, so not totally sure they got that exactly bang on, LOL. I found that they did not rise as they normally do and were sitting below the cupcake liners, which was another reason I was hesitant to ice them. I am not sure why they did not rise, so maybe I'll make them again and see if it was something I did. 


I found the seemed like little hockey pucks coming out of the cupcake liners, but the were moist, seemed to have a rubbery or spongy texture. They were tasty, but basically pretty bland other than the chocolate chips...well thats pretty normal. It may be interesting to add some berries to the mix, possibly even some butterscotch or peanut chips. These are probably an excellent basic for kids and are fine to make without icing. I will make some more cupcakes in the next day or two and post that, I am still debating what to make...maybe I'll make a few, live vicariously?


3 comments:

  1. Hi there, hope you have a chance to make more cupcakes over the holidays. I am experimenting with baking with splenda and rice flour myself.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I will. Just got busy and lazy all at the same time.LOL I made some Devil's Food Cupcakes again with Chocolate Mint Buttercream, but I definitely plan to whip some new ones up over the holidays. So are you on Christmas Break? We don't end until Friday....its been a looooong week

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were done on Tuesday, but we have to go back on the 4th of January. Went shopping in Grande Prairie on Wednesday and Thursday, bought last minute stuff on Friday, and today cleaned up the house and gift wrapped. And here comes Christmas! Fell off the sugar wagon today, and had a heavenly piece of bread pudding with rum sauce Mmmmm....so hard to be good over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Salad is on the top right side of plate. I did not think about pictures until I was eating... Most of you may be aware we have gone on...